Join now

Do you have trouble getting/finding ingredients? (Barcelona)

Hi! When I moved to Barcelona I had a lot of trouble finding where to buy ingredients that weren't Spanish. It took a while (year and a half!) but I now know where to get my treats from home as well as region specific ingredients to complete online recipes from around the world (well mostly... not all yet).

I'm doing a project to try and solve this problem for new arrivals and adventurous cooks. I've done a small survey of about 3 minutes that I would be so grateful if you can help me out with. It's around where you look for recipes and how you look for ingredients that are not readily available to you.

You don't need to be based in Barcelona to do the survey! I feel like the same issues will come up wherever you live (but 100% not sure, hence the survey).

There is a €50 Amazon voucher to one lucky respondent that will be drawn on 20 October.

Thank you so much in advance! Please feel free to share with anyone who may be interested.

In English: Protected content
In Spanish: Protected content

Also if anyone can tell me where to buy Vietnamese mint or shiso (perilla) leaves in Barcelona I will be so happy!!!

Barcelona Forum