Family Constellations (Barcelona)
It seems here in Barcelona’s forum people is not familiarized with Family Constellation’s therapy so let me explain a little bit further. As English is not my first language I will just add some information from useful websites.
“ Considered one of the most respected psychotherapists in the world today, Bert Hellinger has revolutionized the heart and soul of family therapy by illuminating the unconscious, and often destructive, loyalties within families. While much of psychology concentrates on exploring the conflicts in one’s childhood, Hellinger’s work examines the tragedies in one’s family. Hellinger has observed that traumatic events, such as the premature death of a parent, sibling or child, an abandonment, crime or suicide, can exert a powerful force affecting later generations. Entangled with unhappiness from the past, family members often continue patterns of anxiety, depression, anger, guilt, fear, chronic illness and unfulfilled relationships. It’s a common theme: sad mother, sad daughter... alcoholic father, alcoholic son... the relationship difficulties of the parents, mirrored by the children” Protected content
When to do a Family Constellation: one or more of the following
- an important life event has occurred (such as early deaths or separations of parents or siblings, exclusion or expulsion of a family member, early hospitalisation, major accidents or illnesses or disablements, complications during childbirth, adoptions, abortions )
- persistent body symptoms (such as obesity, anorexia, asthma, panic attacks, ulcer colitis, cancer). This work is complementary to medical care and not a substitute for it: thorough medical assessment and treatment is of course necessary first.
- persistent emotional symptoms (such as rage, depression, not belonging, isolation )
- persistent behavioural symptoms (such as addictions, accident proneness, eating disorders )
- there are patterns that seem resistant to change,
- one feels stuckness or weighed down in life, not able to be oneself
- there is a persistent sticking point in individual therapy
- there is an issue that frightens or plagues us
- when couples first get together or pregnant women before the child is born (preventative constellations). Protected content
Family Constellation Workshops
Through the Family Constellation Approach individuals embark on an experiential journey into the family of origin and ancestral community to reveal the roots of issues that challenge us in daily living. Whether they are the unreconciled feelings of previous generations or our own inadvertent rejections of essential life-force, once unearthed, what once was blocked is transformed into a very special source of strength and integration.
These workshops provide the opportunity to break out of the cycle of threadbare solutions into a fresh landscape of understanding, receiving, contribution, and bounty.
So if someone wants to be part of a 1 day workshop, let me know