Join now

Help! moving to Barcelona

Hi,

This issue may have appeared on this forum before but i'm not the best with navigating these things. If anybody can help me this I would be soooo thankful.

I want to move to Barcelona. I have done my C.V. in Catalan and have already had interest from a few place wanting to interview me. But I need help with the order and strategy of what I need to do.

I believe the first things I will need to obtain are a residential NIE number and a Social Security Number. As a EU citizen I believe I will be able to sort this out with minimal fuss. But the next thing I need to do is the difficult bit. As I understand in order to get a residential bank account I obviously need to have documentation to prove I have a place of residence in Spain. However, if I put a deposit down on a place to live I run the risk of not being able to secure work and therefore not being able to pay rent. Is there anyway around this? Can I start by using a non residential bank account and then switching once I have work? Or is my only option is to take the plunge with a deposit on a room and hope for the best.

Any help regarding this will be gratefully recieved.

Alex

Barcelona Forum

Our Global Partners