Join now

How to move to Spain as an American grad (non-EU) (Barcelona)

Hi all!

I'm a senior in college with just a few short months left of school before I attain my bachelors in International Business.

I have my heart set on moving and creating a new life in Spain as soon as I can reasonably do so. I've also traveled to Madrid, Sevilla, Malaga, and Mallorca, but found Barcelona to be the most enticing and could see myself living there.

But of course, the biggest problem that stands before me is acquiring employment that is willing to sponsor me with a work visa as I am not an EU citizen. I have also considered applying for a student visa, but I am looking to work for a while before considering going after a masters degree.

I am bilingual in English/Spanish, conversational in French, and am currently learning Catalan. I have prior work experience (and currently work part-time at a cancer research center in collaborative data services.) My main areas of interest are in marketing, human resources, and management, but am open to other positions.

I am seeking either a Protected content internship position with the possibility of a full-time offer afterwards, or an entry-level position. I am possibly available as early as April 1st, but would preferably start in June/July.

If you or someone you know have any recommendations or tips, please feel free to share. I can be found on LinkedIn as: Rachael Cuevas (Seattle area).

Thank you!

Barcelona Forum

Our Global Partners