I will be working in Barcelona from September 1. My plan was to wait finding a flat until I got there and then just start out in a hostel/room/airbnb or the like. The problem is that if I do that I won't know how many things I should plan to ship there (size of apartment, furnished/unfurnished etc.). So...
If I decide to be a first world daredevil, do you guys have any advise on:
1. any hidden taxes, salaries or other payments when renting an apartment? (e.g. will it cost me some months rent when I leave, so that it won't be a good idea leaving a place after a month? Are there hidden costs not shown in the ad?)
2. how can I make sure the apartment is actually what they say it will be? (condition, equipment etc.)
3. Any advice of 'good rental companies'?
4. any other great advice!!!
- or if you know a great place to stay for Protected content until I get all this apartment-stuff solved out :)
Please let me know if you have any advice - no matter what, you'll surely be more knowledgeable on this subject that I am.