Join now

Inglés moving to Barcelona - Job market question

Hi everyone, this is my first post so please point me in the right direction if I've missed any important info :)

I'm planning to move to Barcelona early next year and I'm currently trying to understand the job market to manage my expectations when I arrive.

My career has been in digital marketing management for a professional body in the UK, ideally I would like to continue this after I move.

I currently have Spanish at around level B2, still learning and with plans to take the B2 exam in November.

My questions at the moment are:
1 - What is the supply/demand of 'English-first' management positions, against the number of applicants? I see plenty of positions on various sites, but not sure how many applications these receive?
2 - I'm currently trying to arrange appointments with recruitment agencies to coincide with a visit to Barna next month e.g. Social You. Can anyone recommend any in particular?
3 - Would a better plan be to start my search after moving to Barna? In which case, could I expect to easily find any temp work in the meantime? I'm not picky.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

All the best

Owain

Barcelona Forum

Our Global Partners