Internships in Barcelona as Photo/Art Gallery management Protected content (or mini-job or co-worker)
New, small, very charming Photography/Art gallery opening in Barcelona centric Born district. Contact us, if you think you have the motivation, skills, languages, sales talent, hard work, great positive communication spirit and organizational skills to help running this charming gallery (around 40m2 in historic building), selling fine art photography for high class finishing interior decoration. Also graphic art and sculptures are planned.
It’s no rocket science, don’t worry! You will be in charge of running the sales and day to day gallery business, handling the art from advising the customers about artists to shipping it internationally and getting new works in, help in researching and marketing to get the gallery more known, arranging events, retouching photos, converting them into graphic art, working on the website to improve, etc. There are around 10 million tourists coming to Barcelona . Win a few of them as clients every month and sell the works with passion and with full support from the owner (who is travelling a lot). Works are sold between 50 to Protected content .
As the gallery can open 6 or even 7 days a week and the peak season is coming up, we might need 2 interns as a team even for different turns of Protected content Protected content ., so you can also enjoy this beautiful city. You probably can combine the gallery work with writing your thesis or similar studies but the gallery is a full time job or for 2 interns a share shifts job.
You will learn from the gallery owner (in his 40’s and auto-didactic photographer with proven sales and a wide network) about the gallery and marketing, though rather in evenings and on weekends. But as it’s hands-on and you will be on your own (but never bored as people come in and you have great neighbors, too) you need to be self-confident and autonomous, but have fun with it and in teamwork with the owner.
When? Starting asap. Mid March or until mid/end early April Protected content . Ideally for 6 months. 3 months minimum.
Where? Come over to Barcelona, work and enjoy!
What skills do you need?
1. Passion and a fun, young spirit and motivation.
2. You have studied or are studying design, art, art marketing, architecture, film, jewelry or similar.
3. Proven sales talent and liking to communicate with strangers coming in to advise them about the work and sell it to them in a pleasant way. It’s buying an emotional product.
4. Languages: English (fluent), Spanish, further languages are a plus as you will meet the whole world.
5. Some art manipulation skill for cautious and conscientious shipping, freight, packaging but also framing, creating new art framing, decoration, liaise with suppliers.
6. Additional talents would be a plus, such as Photoshop for image retouching, webdesign or web management (the web needs to be built asap), social media publishing, artistic talent e.g. lithography, graphic prints, modern abstract paintings, interior design (to advise clients).
7. We can’t guarantee you that you own creative work will be exhibited and your prime task is to sell existing work selected by the owner, so don’t count on getting an exhibition, but if the owner and his peers like it, there is a chance that your talent gets supported in one way or the other. This shall not be the target of your application, to be realistic!
8. The official certificate, that you need this kind of internship for your University/Art school/Marketing school, etc. studies and that you are insured in Spain. We will take of the local paperwork.
9. Very important: reliability, trustfulness, a high motivation (not demotivation) level, hands-on positive attitude, professionalism, a good, nice, easy-going appearance (not hippie and not too arty all in black) , open-minded, respectful young fashionable.
10. Age between 21 and 31.
The internship will grant you a cost contribution for your room/housing plus you will get a sales commission from the achieved turnover/sales. Company dinner meetings and some time out together will be sponsored by the friendly boss ;).
So, a few months in Barcelona could be one of the best times of your life. If you unite the skills and passion, get in touch now with:
Protected content (the gallery will have a different name and please mind unfinished web at present! It will be changed soon.)
Saludos, hasta pronto!