Join now

Irish shenanigans in Barcelona in the coming weeks

Views

Hi,
bit of poetry, porter, rugby, Des Bishop, Irish storytelling, Daniel O Donnell live in Apolo,

'When money's tight and hard to get
And your horse has also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt -
A pint of plain is your only man.' - Flann O Brian

The price of a pint of Guinness has long been a pet hate of mine in the 8 years I have lived in Barcelona, we know its down to distributers Heineken more than the actual bar owners but... an average of €5 for a pint of any liquid in a recession is ridiculous and betrays Flann O Brians great homage to 'yer only man'.
In an attempt to reclaim a piece of my culture I have managed to convince one of the venues I use for the Giggling Guiri comedy nights, Fahrenheit (c/ Aribau Protected content happens to also be the premier lounge to watch sports in the city to open their doors on weekends during the day from this Saturday 20th.
Europe's biggest TV at a whopping 103", 12 other plasmas and a couple of cracking Rugby World cup warm ups All Blacks V Sth Africa (16.00) and the main event France V Ireland (17.00) with all pints including Guinness at €3.90!!!
Fahrenheit is a beautiful bar with Chesterfield suites, Barcelona chairs, very swish, air conditioned and we will also be involved in quality control making sure the pint is up to scratch.
Come lets drink big pints to bate the band again!!

Liverpool V Arsenal for fans of the foreign game! and
All Ireland semi on Sunday

And in other news Des Bishop is confirmed to headline Barcelona comedy festival on September 29. Next weeks newsletter will contain information on exclusive offers for thevery limited amount of tickets that will be available. So if you are a fan of Bishop advice would be to get subscribed on the comedyinSpain homepage here
Protected content

Also VENT!! the real story telling has been going amazing well with 3 trial nights now behind us and the next two scheduled for dates within the comedy festival with a special comedy theme. The stories so far have recounted several tales from an Irish childhood rangingg through every part of the human emotion. We are lovers of storytelling if yoiu haven´t been please check it out. Totally free and in the perfect ambience and surrounds of the 7 Sins cellar on c/ Muntaner 7
Next 2 VENT!!´s comedy specials
september 29th festival launch plus VENT!! and October 6th Comedy VENT!! 2

Daniel O Donnell you wish....

Slán
Stephen

Barcelona Forum

Our Global Partners