Join now

Jazz and Flamenco concert tonight at JAZZ SI CLUB (Barcelona)

Hello Jazz lovers! For this first jazz event (since I am the Jazz Consul) I have chosen a very special venue for you, which goes right into the heart of Barcelonian Jazz-life, it is called the Jazz Si Club: Located in underground Raval neighborhood, this is the private club of Barcelona's most consolidated and influential Jazz School, the Taller de Musics, which is located just across the street, and since its foundation for the Barcelona Olympic Games in Protected content Jazz Si is the stage where advanced Jazz students do get the opportunity to play for audience, and also, it is a place where high profile international jazz musicians (i.e. Brad Mehldau's Jorge Rossi) do play for students, so this is a very interactive and creative meeting point, if you want to know what jazz in Barcelona is all about, the Jazz Si club is 'the place to go'.

The Jazz Si club is not the most fancy club in town, it is not in the blue note style, you don't have dinner, you can have some food and drinks, but this place is about art, more than anything else, it is structured more like a concert stage or like a small theater, with black walls and a plateau as well as a balcony for the audience. What do we get? We get very high quality music at bargain prices. This event is scheduled short term, it is for today July 6th, my apologies for this short term notice, but we have a unique opportunity that deserves to be take profit, this is a very high level flamenco jazz fusion group called Pepe Moto. And we jazzlovers know that the fusion between flamenco and jazz is a very spanish thing, but it is worldmusic too, and it combines harmonies and sounds that are both so different but so authentic, and none understands this better than Pepe.

Pepe Motos is a consolidated flamenco-jazz composer as well as percussionist and singer. He recently published his latest recording called Kodigo Flamenco. This monday he will perform with Javier Vaquero, guitar and mandola, Juan Antonio Guerra, bass, Edu Cortes guitar, and David Dominguez percussion. Concert will start at 8:30pm so we can meet at 8pm, like if this was a after work gathering, have a first drink, relax, get to know each other, and then enjoy the music..
I am looking forward to your confirmation, and again apologies for so late notice, I think this concert is worth it.

Entrance fee, will be 8 Euros, includes one free drink.

“Basic Members are welcome to join by using their free trial! Just click the attend button to join the fun!”

The link to the event is here: Protected content

See you Tonight,
Cheers,
Veyza

Barcelona Forum

Our Global Partners