Join now

Learn photography with a pro on Sat 18th April (Barcelona)

Hi everyone

I'm doing another photography workshop on Sat 18th April due to popular demand!

First of all, some words from one of the participants on my last workshop:

''I have been shooting, in haphazard fashion, travel material for Lonely Planet for years. Aware of my lack of technical knowledge, I was attracted to Tom's workshop but unsure how useful it might be as it was directed at 'beginners'. In the end, I found it clear, well set out and, best of all, highly instructive. A lot of things I should have known or learned years ago finally fell into place.

Tom welcomes questions and covering a little extra ground for those that want it. In all, a very worthwhile afternoon!''- Damien Simonis, Author/Photographer, Lonely Planet Guidebooks

------------------------------------- Protected content

By the end, I guarantee that you will be taking better photographs (or your money back!)

The cost? Just 50 Euros, which is a small fraction of what you pay for a camera, or that expensive holiday where your pictures didn't turn out well!

More details below. If you would like to come, reply via this thread or send me a message. Limited to 10 participants.

Topics to be included are:

**Playing with light**

Photography is all about light. Learn how the camera ''sees'', and how to make this work for you.

**Make your camera obey you**

Discover how you can create amazing results by adjusting your camera's shutter speed, aperture, ISO and white balance.

No more disappointment!

**Composition**

How to decide what to put in a picture and what to leave out. Some simple rules, and when to break them.

**Photographing people**

Why do we sometimes look great in pictures, and other times, we don't?

You will learn some basic but powerful techniques for getting the best results from your people pictures. This is what I do for a living, and you'll learn how I do it!

**Make friends with flash**

Create beautiful pictures by understanding when, when not, and how to use flash.

**Assignment**

Build a portfolio of your strongest pictures and build your confidence!

-------------------------------------------------- Protected content

The workshop will be **PRACTICAL** and YOU will be taking pictures throughout. Everyone will receive training materials, personalised feedback and tips for developing a personal style.

For this reason, each workshop can take a maximum of 10 participants.

Before I was doing photography full time, I was a trainer with world educational leader The British Council, where I gained a postgraduate teaching diploma. So I know how to teach!

''Thanks for a great workshop... really enjoyed it, and I got a lot out of it. God knows why I didn't do something like this earlier... great to be back in the mode, and using my camera again. Liked the points in the workshop, all so helpful and great to be thinking about again. I especially liked the idea of going out with a theme in mind, abstract, contrast, doorways, shadow, people (list is endless)''- Richard Thomas

''Thanks for an awesome workshop... I learned so much that I know I can put to practical use now! ...
Excited to have also met some great people at the workshop with a common interest in photography right here in Barcelona.''- Media Saadi

''I had a fantastic time and learned so much- I'm excited to put it into practice!!''- Manda Schalin

''Tom, thank you so much for organizing the workshop, I had the most amazing time!!''-Martina Klančišar

''Really liked the photography workshop!
Going soon to try out the new buttons on my camera I've discovered today ;)''- Anca Grozea

Barcelona Forum

Our Global Partners