Join now

Looking for a job in Barcelona as a foreigner

Hi, my name is Maria Lopez. I am originally from Managua, Nicaragua, but move to the USA when I was 16 and I have been living in the USA ( South Carolina, New York, DC, San Diego and LA) in the 10 years that I have been here. I did my BA in Journalism and a Masters in Public Health, with an emphasis in Global Health. I am open to moving to a different country because I feel like it will make my CV stronger getting a global health experience, learning about a different country. Three years ago, I got an offer to do a PhD in Barcelona and decided to wait until I had more work experience. Now that I have been applying all over the world including countries like Mexico, Colombia, Chile , Canada, UK and Spain and I have been really intrigued and interested in the research job opportunities in Barcelona. I know Barcelona right now is a big hub for biomedicine and biotechnology as well as cancer research. Do you know any websites for job opportunities for international work in research.
I know getting a job in Spain you have to have a work visa from the company if it is a temporary contract, but do you know what are the companies that are open to hire foreigners that have specialize skills.

I have 5 years of experience in Research and both of my experience have been in the USA and a bit internationally.

I am native spanish and English speaker. I also speak portuguese and I am learning catalan.

Barcelona Forum

Our Global Partners