Join now

Looking for something a little different? (Barcelona)

Hi all. I am a musician, dancer and performer living in barcelona.

Hailing from London originally and bringing together cultural and artistic influences of a varied mix (which only a city like London can give someone) I have played and am currently playing through out Europe.

I play percussion, drums, guitar, sing, rap, beatbox and dance (capoeira, hip hop / street dance).

I have also done a fair bit of acting, physical theatre and modelling.

I will soon be performing some physical theatre for a performance entitled "Iris Ambigua," have just returned from a concert in France where I sing and rap with my electro jazz hip hop group "Nu K" and perform as the one man show "Gitano Urbano."

The latter project is essentially me with my laptop and a pedal to create various loops using a couple of choice instruments - spanish guitar, cajon and voice (sing, rap, beatbox).

The sound is very much a mix of rhumba, flamenco, rap, funk, hip hop and soul hence the name "Gitano Urbano" reflecting the meeting point between the grimier sounds of London with the Latin feel of Barcelona.

I am curently looking for new dates for both my current music projects.

If anyone might be interested in hiring out the "Gitano Urbano" give us a shout and feel free to check out the myspaces:

Protected content

Protected content

hope to be hearing from u soon.

Julz

=]

Barcelona Forum