Join now

Quadrilingual looking for interesting job in BCN (Barcelona)

Dear all,

I have recently moved to Barcelona and am finding it quite difficult to find a job since I studied in the United Kingdom and I feel that Spaniards do not quite understand my degree or my CV.

I read European Studies with languages and graduated with a 2:1 from Royal Holloway, University of London. Since then I have had a wide variety of interesting but very different jobs.

I first worked as an event host for Iluka (an event company based in London, organizer of the Olympic Games) during the Rugby World Cup in Paris in Protected content , I then interned in the Foreign Affairs Department in the Government of Andorra, and was then sent to New York to work at the Permanent Mission of Andorra to the United Nations. I was there for a year and covered incredible social and humanitarian issues, attended all formal and informal meetings on a variety of important global issues, was the main liaison between NY and the Government in Andorra, diplomatic and public relations, reported daily, amongst other tasks.
Once my contract ended, instead of going back to Andorra I decided to take a few years to travel and work. I, therefore, decided to work as an English teacher in Andorra in order to have the summer off to be able to go ski instruct and travel in Chile and Argentina. My last summer I worked as a PR in a gourmet restaurant on the slopes of an international ski resort in Chile called Nevados de Chillan. After the seasons I would travel.

I think many people, especially in Spain, see these past years as negative, however I have learnt and grown so much because of them. They made me a much stronger and determined person sure of what I would like to do as of now. They have made me a much more tolerant, open minded, adaptable and worldly person.

I think I have a lot to offer and am motivated to find an interesting job and begin to focus more on a career.

Therefore please let me know if you would like me to send you my complete CV.

Thanks for your time and hopefully I will hear back from you soon!

Prisca

Barcelona Forum