Swedish, Norwegian or Danish accounting clerks! (Barcelona)
Our client is a global leader in the distribution of wireless devices and the provisioning of customized logistic services to the wireless industry. For its shared service centre they are looking for a Multilingual (Nordic languauges) Record to Report Clerk.
• Provide general ledger accounting support to a grouping of (approximately Protected content for balance sheet reconciliations, fixed asset accounting, inter-company accounting, and preparation of reports and statistics detailing financial results to a high standard
• As the Record to Report team develops there will be requirements to perform some activities over a range of countries to ensure processes remain efficient, although responsibility to a grouping of approximately 3 countries will remain.
• Responsible for accurate and timely financial close and GL and other account reconciliations
• Performs accounting functions such as balance sheet reconciliations, fixed asset accounting, inter-company accounting and preparation of reports and statistics detailing financial results
• Responsible for timely and accurate preparation and processing of journal entries (with appropriate supporting documentation) for month end close and accounting transactions
• Responsible for compliance with all shared service centre and business objectives, policies (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley, Navigator) and plans related to and within scope of responsibility
• Responsible for preparing analysis and schedules for management and internal and external auditors
• Supporting local business finance managers through preparation of the monthly close process including preparation of related financial statements and supporting documents in compliance with the monthly financial reporting as defined in European Finance operating procedures
The profile we are looking for:
• Accounting or Finance Degree
• Fluent in written and spoken English and other European languages
• Protected content of progressive experience in a multinational finance function (Period Protected content close process, GL reconciliations, Month end/year end reporting)
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Experience with an integrated ERP system such as IFS and accounting Protected content such as Hyperion is highly preferred
• Ability to develop an understanding of US GAAP, IFRS and Sarbanes-Oxley will be required.
• Accuracy, a detailed methodical approach and customer service
orientation are paramount.
• Dedicated team player with pro-active approach and problem solving personality
• Ability to work under pressure to achieve strict deadlines
• Works within defined company policies and procedures
• Proactively seek guidance and clarification where needed
If interested please contact Claire at Protected content