Join now

Tarragona/Barcelona

Hi! I chose "Town Talk" because I couldn't find a more appropriate forum. I've made my decision that my next move is going to be Spain--and I'm nearly convinced of Tarragona. Research is showing that BCN is probably going to be too expensive for me in housing (not to mention chaotic and crowded, and I had enough of that in Rome for seven years!). Anyway--is anyone in Tarragona? I'm an EU citizen, 58, will be moving by myself, two suitcases and a laptop, no furniture, no car, not retired but work online as a copyeditor/proofreader and also business ESL trainer, not into bars/nightclubs/etc but a wonderful little wine bar to hang out and discuss wine would be awesome :-) . If at all possible I would love to be by the water, or perhaps Protected content walk? Need good train connections as I'll be visiting small-producer wine/olive oil to write about on my website (might also continue the chef interviews, not sure). ANYway...I've been looking on Idealista, uniplaces, and I'm not coming up with much. Any ideas? Thank you!! Oh--forgot. Moving in mid-July. Yes I know that's an issue with costs but my lease is up here the second week of July, can't do anything about it. Hoping to find a landlord who will be interested in a year's lease but not upping the price to triple for July and August. I can always go hole up with friends for the months, but.......

Barcelona Forum

Our Global Partners