Join now

Am I eligible to work in Beijing, China?

I hope this one can be answered, as I am getting a bit worried. Long story short is this: since Dec. Protected content , I have been employed full-time at my dad & grandfather's company. I was basically an office assistant - doing researching, writing and editing reports, etc. I didn't graduate from college until August Protected content , meaning I was working fulltime both before and after graduation. When I traveled abroad since Sept. Protected content months in Cambodia and 1.9 months in China), I was doing this work, still full time, online; was a way of still being employed while I was overseas.

Now a Chinese company wants to hire me. (doing basically the same thing). Will this type of work I did before - including fulltime online work - hinder me from being approved for the Foreign Expert Certificate, or will I still have a good chance? I am just worried that because I worked for a family-owned business and pretty much 2 years of online work while I was abroad.

I must also mention too that before that, I worked for a few years part-time doing customer service then full-time as an Assistant Manager at a retail store (still while in college).

Also, I have heard from several sources - including the company that wants to hire me - that a State-wide Criminal Record Check (done by my state's law enforcement agency, not the FBI) will suffice for the Criminal Record check. Is this true?

Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks.

Beijing Forum

Our Global Partners