Contact: Protected content Protected content
Organisation: New Oriental Education and Technology Group, Elite Learning Group
Roles: Part-time and full-time
The role of the English Teacher is to provide the students adequate exposure to all-English-speaking environment and to teach necessary skills to help students accelerate their acquisition of English for the purpose of enhancing their comprehensive proficiency level in terms of better commanding of the language.
• Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities;
• Implement procedures and course contents according to pre-designed course planners required by the organization;
• Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations;
• Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students;
• Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, discuss, question, and investigate;
• Enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining proper order among the students for whom they are responsible;
• Observe and evaluate students' work to determine progress and record performance to make suggestions for improvement;
• Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials (if appropriate) to meet students' varying needs, abilities, and interests;
• Prepare students for further education by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks;
• Serve as a liaison among the students, his/her family, potential clients, marketing staff, and the management, especially in supporting marketing practices that strengthens the positive image of the organization.
• Bachelor degree or above;
• At least 2 years’ experience in teaching/training (Industrial background preferred);
• Clear, articulate English with British or American accent;
• Knowledge in basic English grammar;
• Knowledge in pedagogy and teaching methodology preferred;
• Sense of responsibility for students;
• Ability to establish credibility and rapport quickly;
• Ability to motivate and encourage students in continuous learning;
• Ability and skills in activating class atmosphere;
• Ability to work together with colleagues to contribute to the enhancement of teaching quality;
• Skills in handling classroom situations;
• Skills in adapting to different class size while remaining high teaching quality;
• Skills in communication with students, colleagues, supervisors, and clients.
Adult Centers: Teaching and Teachers Management Department
Youth Centers: Center Director of Studies
All center premises are in office buildings within walking distance to metro stations;
No dangerous or harmful equipment within the premise;
Lighting and temperature adjusted to fitting level.