The candidate will join the global Business Development Team, as a Regional Supplier Development Manager reporting to the Supplier Development Director and Regional Business Director. This position requires you to work within a cross-functional team (Development, Product and IT team) on a regular basis, thus it requires you to be an effective communicator and constructive team member.
FUNCTIONS (NOT LIMITED TO):
• Research destination travel market and identify potential suppliers and products
• Qualify Suppliers, manage and negotiate supplier contracts, ensure good implementation of the cooperation procedure
• Advise supplier on product and market needs
• Maintain communication with Suppliers, and constantly improve the cooperation with Suppliers
• Maintain market surveillance
• Draft documents and informative material
• Develop strategies to improve supply chain performance
• Attend tradeshows, conference and road shows
• At least 2 years professional experience (preferably in tourism industry)
• Interest in tourism industry, dedicated and hard working—an overachiever
• Strong business acumen that accelerates strategy execution
• We don’t really care so much about your major—we care about your personality, ability and ambition
• A critical and analytical thinker
• Highly organized and can stick to targets and deadlines
• A people-person with an outgoing personality and excellent negotiation skills
• Must drive innovation, be proactive and creative, can always find a way to build a partnership
• Excellent oral and written English. Any other language is a plus. Chinese proficiency is preferred but not required.
If you are interested to this position, please kindly send your updated resume to me: Protected content
HAIWAN is a dynamic venture capital backed startup company. Our corporate headquarters is located in Beijing, which aims to be the leader of the online travel industry in China. Our team is composed of young and worldly elites in China’s tourism industry. As a startup we maintain an open culture where everyone is a hands-on contributor. We favor ability over experience, whilst working in a friendly yet professional environment, where we aspire to achieve and have fun.