Join now

My struggles with Google Play Store App (Beijing)

I just bought a new Samsung Tablet, having lost my old one. I bought the old one in China too, but through Taobao, so perhaps it wasn’t meant for the Chinese market.

I have a VPN running all the time.

Of course there is no Google play store app installed and after three or four days of trying very many things - I’m not a complete luddite or dullard, I can solve even quite complicated computer problems on my own, usually - I am no further forward.

I am constantly told at Protected content that I have no registered device - except of course the device I lost and cannot find any way to register without the f*%*#**ing app.

There are numerous instructional clips at youtube and I have managed to install the app several times, but it never actually works. I appear to have version 5.0.31 installed, but basically, the screen will briefly flash white and give every appearance of opening and then vanish again.

Yes, I know I can search forever and find almost every app somewhere else, but I really don’t have the time and energy. I just need to get a fully functioning google maps, chrome, skype and line installed and working. I bought this thing to make my life easier and i’ve been through almost a week of tedious hell.

I just want to do it conveniently and easily. When I find something useful or interesting - which happens very infrequently - I’d like to be able to download it easily.

I really need the Play Store App, but I’m open other suggestions. I’m even prepared to pay a couple of hundred kwai to have this done for me, but not much more.

How can these things be so popular in this country if you can’t even use them?

Beijing Forum

Our Global Partners