Non-teaching work for native-English speakers (Beijing)
Opening Job: Part-Time Interviewer ( Protected content )
Task: Conduct face-to-face interviews with Chinese students applying to study abroad. The interviews are conducted mostly in English, with one section in Chinese. Each interview lasts roughly Protected content , and are conducted throughout the day at one of our offices.
Payment: Protected content for a full day, Protected content for a half day
We feel test prep and application fraud is a colossal waste of time and money, and that there has got to be a better way for admissions officers in North America to find good applicants. For the past several years, we’ve persuaded North American institutions to reconsider the way they evaluate applicants and now we are the most widely required video interview in North America. We’re working with new schools this year, and we need good interviewers interviewers to ensure continued quality of our service. We select and hire new interviewers over the summer, conduct trainings in August and September, and expect new interviewers to start conducting interviews in September, October, and November.
• Interview students according to Vericant’s Behavioral Interview guidelines (we'll teach you how to do it over the course of three days of paid training).
• Adhere to Vericant’s Interview Day Process and Vericant client-facing communications policy.
• Maintain the highest level of professionalism while interacting with clients.
• Be available to work a minimum of four full days a month from October to February (preference given to those weekday availability).
• Native English Speaker.
• Speak Mandarin comfortably (at the Intermediate Mid/中级中等 level, as designated by ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines).
• Have a bachelor's degree and at least two years of postgraduate work experience.
• Impeccable verbal communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills (must be warm and friendly).
• Are able to commit at least two full days per week from September to March (preference given to applicants with weekday availability).
• Demonstrate professionalism with our clients and amongst Vericant peers.
• Excellent time-management and organization skills.
• Higher levels of Mandarin is a big plus.
• Excited by working in a fast-growth, start-up environment.
Qualified candidates should start their application process through this page: Protected content