Join now

Research Assistant at Tsinghua (Beijing)

I thought I would post this job ad here, since I found my last, brilliant, research assistant through this site (rather by accident)! Sadly (for me), she is now starting medical school in the US, so I have a vacancy in my lab.

I am looking for a full-time research technician/ research assistant. Must have relevant degree in biomedical sciences (e.g. molecular biology/ immunology/ biochemistry/ microbiology etc), preferably at Master's level, but the right candidate with a Bachelor's degree would be fine.

Responsibilities will be to conduct basic science research in the lab, reporting directly to me. Specific training for the techniques we use in the lab would be given. We have a very happy lab environment, and being able to fit in and enhance that is absolutely essential. The day to day running of the lab is in English, but e.g. liaising with companies requires Chinese -- although we do have non-Chinese speakers in the lab who do absolutely fine. The post would be a great 'stepping stone' for applicants to the PhD programme at Tsinghua/ Beida, or overseas graduate schools Protected content my former technicians are PhD students at Tsinghua, one at Harvard, and another at medical school in the US.

Anyone interested should check out our lab website at:
Protected content

Salary is sl. above average for a comparable post in a Chinese university environment.

Formal applications should include a CV (in English) and names of 2 referees to:
<duanlei87{AT}> [replace {AT} with @]. Informal enquiries should be addressed to me.