Room in Andingmen Available Now! (NO FEE!) (Beijing)
A sun-bathed south and east-facing room on Cheniandian Hutong in the heart of Lao Beijing’s 2nd ring road. The place has three bedrooms, a living room, kitchen (no need to buy any dishes, silverware, or appliances!), large bathroom, and a lovely balcony. We just signed the lease, and we’re looking to rent our third room to another female professional or student in her mid-to-late 20s or early 30s on a hopefully long-term basis.
We consider our apartment our home, and we would like you to feel like it’s yours, too. We hope to be a couch surfing home, and then we’ll throw the occasional dinner party (and maybe even a good ol’ party once every 4+ months or so). We like our home to be fairly clean and tidy (hygienic and not cluttered), and though we mostly have our own separate business to attend to, we like to have a homey atmosphere and chat with our flatmates from time to time.
She is 25, British, and works as an editor at a Chinese news company. She speaks English, Chinese, and a bit of French, has just started learning guitar (and is thoughtful about practicing!), enjoys pub quizzes, and loves hiking, rock climbing and Scrabble. She also loves public radio, reading, and live music.
She is 29, American, and an aspiring polyglot, which is why she landed in Beijing four months ago: to study Chinese. On the side, she entertains herself with a marketing consultant position in a Chinese company, singing in a choir, dancing every kind of Latin dance, writing, and wandering the hutongs in search of new coffee shops. On the nerdier side, she also loves public radio, reading books in romance languages, and teaching LSAT prep.
ABOUT THE APARTMENT:
- It’s on the 10th floor with an elevator, with a great view over the hutongs!
- We are approximately an 8-minute walk from Andingmen Station.
- All three roommates have equal use of all common areas, including dishes, pans, couch, TV, etc.
o With 6 months’ rent Protected content security: Protected content , plus utilities
o With 3 months’ rent Protected content security: Protected content , plus utilities
- SURROUNDED by places to buy food. Clothes shops, fruit shops, a barber, two socks shops (?), a candy shop, a small grocer, food, food, food. Our favorite so far: incredible Xinjiang soup (for 6 kuai), hot pot.
- Lots of little bars with live music and cafés within walking distance, including one that hosted a movie festival for free all throughout the Chunjie holiday.
- Right by BeiLouGuXiang, close to NanLuoGuXiang, and within a 20-minute walk (even for a short, easily distracted person) from the Drum Tower.
- A lovely walk along the water to Yonghegong, which means Ditan Park and the Lama Temple.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Pay your bills scrupulously.
- Have hidden (or not) quirks.
- Like to keep common areas clean (hair out of the shower, dishes out of the sink, stove wiped down, floor swept, trash out, etc.)
- Don't mind a chit-chat here and there.
- Speak various languages? That’s just a plus, of course.
- Like plants. :)
- Are considerate and respectful with regards to noise, guests, and shared spaces.
- Appreciate diversity in your roommates and their friends.
- Maintain a fierce repugnance towards roaches and other similar organisms. Really.
If you think you'd be a good match, please email me at Protected content with a cell phone number and the times that you're available to meet. We’re going to begin showing the room this weekend.
But first, PLEASE TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO WRITE UP SOMETHING PERSONAL ABOUT YOURSELF so that we know a bit about you before we meet, since you now possibly know more than you wanted to know about us! :)
We look forward to meeting you!