Join now

Short-term furnished apartment needed in Beijing

Greetings All,

I joined InterNations Beijing in December and attended the Christmas party at Scarlet Blue where I met some of you for the first time. Since then, I have been back in the U.S.

I am planning to return to Hong Kong/China later this month and will be in Beijing from 2 to 9 March, if not longer. I am interested in hearing your recommendations for renting a furnished apartment for a week. There will be three men in my group, two of us from the U.S. and a colleague from our office in Odessa, Ukraine. We have meetings tentatively planned all over the Beijing region as well as some business to attend to in Tianjin. We are all experienced world travelers(!) and don't require five-star luxury. We do require, however, cleanliness and convenience.

There is a possibility I personally will stay on in Beijing for up to a month longer, but that will depend on the outcome of our negotiations.

In general, I imagine we'll want to be somewhere near the CBD, but I must confirm that with the various parties with whom we plan to meet. They may tell us otherwise.

Any advice any of you have would be most welcomed. Also, I may want to organize a modest social gathering of some sort for myself and my colleagues. This will be my fifth visit to Beijing, but their first. We all plan to be back many times as our business develops.

Our basic business centers around construction chemicals used in a variety of applications, including infrastructure, oil and gas, and nearly all things concrete. It doesn't sound exciting, I know, but it can be fun.

I look forward to learning from your shared wisdom.

Jim Ojala
Bellingham, Washington U.S.A.

Beijing Forum