Join now

Visa process and Marrying local China woman (Beijing)

I'm an American moving to Beijing by the end of the year.

I have numerous questions on marriage, visas, etc.

For example, I'm divorced and have original documents stating so. Now I understand I need a Certificate of Single Status. I've asked my own attorney here in the states and she's never heard of such a thing. Any ideas?

When we get married, what visa do I need to stay in the country? For how long?

If you're an expat and married a local Chinese, please contact me or reply on this thread.

Thank you in advance.


Beijing Forum