Join now

Share your weird/funny taxi experiences in Beirut!

Views

So today I have had two slightly absurd taxi experiences. One to the office, the other coming back.

I normally take the "service" shared taxi. So when going to work, I got into a taxi where two others already were sitting. The driver let them off first, and then headed towards my office area. I gave him the Protected content . But then he got upset, and said that I had promised him Protected content . What??? I told him that I had never said such a thing. He got mad, and insisted that I had said it. He didn't want to take the money, and called me a liar, and told me to get out of the taxi. I was so flabbergasted that I didn't even get angry, I just shook my head and laughed at the absurdity of it, and got out. Hailed another taxi coming right behind, and continued on my way and paid the Protected content usual.
Wondering if the driver suddenly changed his mind, and didn't want to go in that direction anyway, and just came up with a lame excuse to get me out?

Then, when going back from work, I again took the "service". I only had one Protected content note, and got two Protected content coins as well. The driver got annoyed and didn't want to take the coins. I told him that I only had big notes. After some grumpy sounds he finally took the coins. What now? Coins aren't money???

So... now I'm curious about what other strange taxi episodes others have experienced. And can anybody explain these behaviours?

Beirut Forum

Our Global Partners