Join now

Australian-Serb looking for job opportunities (Belgrade)

Hi to everyone on the Belgrade Forum.

I am a dual citizen of Australia and Serbia, I've been living in Serbia, Novi Sad since Protected content I commenced my studies at the University of Novi Sad, Philosophy faculty, I am currently commencing my fourth and final year studying English and English Lit. I can see here that most people are looking to work and don't know how to go about it, and I am kind of in the same position. Both English and Serbian are like my mother tongues, and looking at my degree, I am interested to work as a teacher, interpreter, translator, or any kind of administrative job for a foreign company in Serbia, preferably in Novi Sad.

I guess my question to all of you is if you know of any company or place who would welcome an Australian, who is fluent in English and Serbian and the completion of the degree is on the way. At one stage I thought I would be a good candidate for the Australian Embassy, sent them my CV and a letter, they have kept in on record, but to me it just seems like a very closed circle, where once again without connections you can not get anywhere near.

If anyone has any suggestions, or similar experiences I would love to hear them.
Thanks to all in advance