Join now

Getting settled in Belgrade

Hi guys,
This is my first post. I'm Tim, I'm from Cincinnati, and I am hoping to relocate to Belgrade at the beginning of Protected content . In fact, Belgrade is one of two or three places in Eastern Europe I am considering moving to, and I have some questions...
-I have a blood sugar condition, and it is essential that I have the right food available to me. This means mainly green vegetables (green peppers, spinach, kale, broccoli), vitamins (including colloidal minerals), different types of cheese; and no starch or bread. How good are a) the quality and b) the selection of produce and other foods in Belgrade?
-How difficult is it to register a business in Serbia? I translate for a living, the work is mainly online, and I therefore will register as an independent contractor.
-How is law enforcement in Serbia? I remember living in Ukraine and Russia for four years, and much prefer to live in a country where both the police and the tax inspection are staffed by professional, honest people.
-What is it like to rent an apartment in Belgrade?
Anyway, I know that is a lot of questions, but I am a total newbie to Serbia... If I can be of assistance to anyone later, feel free to ask.
Thanks!
Tim

Belgrade Forum

Our Global Partners