Join now

Australian girl moving to Berlin

Hello, my name is Kate. I'm a 28 year old Australian citizen, and a qualified Secondary Art Teacher. I've decided to apply for a Working Holiday Visa and move to Berlin for the end of the year. I'm really excited to come and explore such an interesting city and continue with my travels. I have a few questions I was hoping someone may help me with.
1. Could anyone tell me if the Working Holiday Visa allows multiple entry into Germany. Can I explore different countries and come and go as I please within the 12 month visa period?
2. My goal is to continue teaching abroad (I have been teaching full time as a Teacher of Art in London for the past year), and am hoping to find work in one of the International Schools. Does anyone know if this is possible, and the types of things I will need to bring with me/consider when apply for positions?
3. What is a reasonable amount of money to come to Berlin with initially? I would hate to arrive in Berlin and struggle to fund the time where I may not have work.
Thanks so much!

Berlin Forum

Our Global Partners