The responsibilities include the daily management and coordination of plant operations including production, logistics, administrative and maintenance while ensuring compliance with all labor, safety, environmental and corporate policies and regulations.
This is a hands-on position responsible for maximizing production throughput, increasing productivity, while maintaining highest quality standards, minimizing residuals, auditing inbound and outbound materials, and driving continuous improvement programs in all departments under his/her control. This position plays an integral part of European Operations, and is accountable for developing and achieving budgetary and production targets.
1. Prepare annual operation and capital expenditure budgets. Develop plan to achieve budgets, monitor progress, analyze variances and implement corrective action as needed.
2. Review customer business activities by analyzing trends and industry data to support purchasing function for raw materials in order to meet customers demand.
3. Champions on time production and delivery.
4. Maintain a staff adequately trained to manage the manufacture of customer product in an orderly, safe and efficient way. Responsible for hiring, training and enforcing Company policies. Establishes employee performance standards and evaluates employee performance. Develops personnel for assignments of increasing responsibility.
5. Maintains highest production quality standards.
6. Leads Continuous Improvement activities in the plant.
7. Collaborates with the Sales Department, meets with customers to provide manufacturing scheduling timelines and technical information as required.
8. Implement problem-solving techniques to overcome production disruptions.
9. Ensure preventive maintenance is performed to maximize production uptime.
10. Negotiates utility contracts with suppliers.
11. Actively participates in common projects production sister companies.
12. Ensure site compliance to all labor, safety, and environmental regulations.
Perform other related duties as assigned by European Technical Director.
Utilize computer hardware/software where appropriate to optimize its potential impact on manufacturing.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent hands-on experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
• Fluent knowledge of English as a second language.
• Minimum ten year experience with basic knowledge of metallurgy/steel heat-treating and processing.
• Good people/communication skills and ability to build an effective team.
• Experience with quality standards, such as ISO, CI, Lean Manufacturing, etc.
Residence within 40 minutes commute from D - Protected content .