Stylish 1-room apartment in top location in the historic heart of Berlin, directly at Hackescher Markt, with breathtaking view over Berlin city center.
Short details: 1 room, 30 m², 19th floor, maximum 3 persons, 1 double bed, 1 single bed, bathroom with bathtub, Internet, LCD TV, lift, non-smoker, children friendly, pets not allowed, wheelchair accessible, parking
Berlin, Berlin, we are going to Berlin!
On the most central location of Berlin, directly at Hackescher Markt, there is the house in the Rochstraße. With its proud Protected content , called "The Windmill" because of its ground plan, it is the tallest residential building Berlin's. Four elevators bring you up to the 24th floor. A light-floated holiday apartment is waiting in the 19th floor for you. Modern, quiet, and newly renovated, this guests apartment offers you on 30 m² a fantastic view over Berlin's historic centre, and enough space to spend by two or by three a pleasant stay in Berlin.
The apartment was Protected content renovated and transformed. The handcrafted, wood-planked podium with built-in wardrobe is the highlight of the apartment. The American kitchen, as well handmade by the carpenter and the integrated wardrobe behind the door rounds off the exclusive furniture.
Due to the windows across the entire front wall, the apartment offers a breathtaking panoramic view at 76 m height above the city centre of Berlin on the TV Tower, the Red City Hall, St. Mary's Church, St. Nicholas Church, the Nikolai district, the Alexanderplatz with Alexa, in the right angle the Berlin Cathedral. You can practically look over the shoulder of Mr. Wowereit, the governing mayor of Berlin. ;-)
The apartment disposes of a high quality, handmade designer furniture.
The room offers a comfortable double bed Protected content , two wardrobes, dining table, LCD TV, Hi-Fi, radio, glass table, small Berlin library. A single bed for a third person (85x Protected content available. Due to the platform and the southeast orientation, the morning sun greets you and invites you to discover Berlin, which lies at your feet.
The fully equipped American kitchen has everything you need for cooking: fridge freezer, cooking stove with induction hob and oven, coffee maker, kettle, toaster, cooking utensils, complete dishes, and cutlery. Coffee, tea, coffee syrup, sugar, salt, and pepper are available.
The bathroom with bathtub has automatic ventilation. A hairdryer is available.
On each floor there is a common laundry drying room. Three bicycle rooms are available on the ground floor of the house.
Upon arrival, you will of course find freshly made beds, towels, and a bottle of wine as a welcome gift. Moreover, flowers...
The apartment is located in the city centre and heart of Berlin, directly at Hackescher Markt. More central is only possible if you sleep directly on the Television Tower. But he is revolving … ;-)
Numerous sightseeing, cultural institutions, restaurants and bars, characterize the area around the Hackescher Markt.
SIGHTSEEING within walking distance from the apartment
There are quasi at your feet:
• Berlin Cathedral
• Red Town Hall
• Hackescher Markt with the laborious restored Hackescher Höfe
• St. Mary's Church
• Nikolai Quarter
• St. Nicholas Church
In just 5 minutes by foot you reach:
• TV Tower
• Museum Island: Old Museum, New Museum, Old National Gallery, Pergamon Museum, Bode Museum
• Unter den Linden
• Monbijou Park
• Berlin State Opera
• Neptune Fountain
• German Historical Museum
• Opera Palace
• The streets of the old Berlin Scheunenviertel
• New Synagogue in Oranienburgerstreet with the Centre Judaicum
• Sea Life Center in Dom Aquarée.
In maximum 15 minutes, you can reach by foot a large number of Berlin’s main sightseeing:
• Brandenburg Gate
• Chancellor's Office
• Potsdamer Platz
• Holocaust Memorial
• Central Train Station
And to the serious travellers between you be said, also the Humboldt University, Charité, International Business Center, Foreign Office, Max-Planck-Institute, Instituto Cervantes, Goethe Institute, and more embassies than countries we know are also fantastic to achieve.
The Hackescher Markt is the most popular starting point for Berlin’s nightlife. All you have to do is to go downstairs. ;-)
Restaurants and bars: Pata Negra directly opposite to the house, Hackescher Hof, Kilkenny Irish Pub, Yo Soy Restaurant & Tapas Bar, Barist, Papa Asada Mexican Food, Palermo Ristorante & Pizzeria in Berlin Carré, Vivolo, Trattoria Ossena, Frateli Pasta & Pizza, Oliva International Kitchen, Dante, Rocco, Block House, Nordsee, Brauhaus Lemke, Brauhaus Mitte
Cafés: Starbucks, Caras Gourmet, AM to PM, Café Cinema, Häagen Dazs
Theaters: Volksbühne, Maxim-Gorki-Theater, Deutsches Theater, Chamäleon, Berliner Ensemble, Hackesches Hoftheater, Distel, Sophiensäle, Roter Salon, Puppet Theater
STORES in the immediate vicinity of the apartment
Bakeries: Kamps, Steinecke Brotmeisterei, Bäcker Wiedemann, Thürmann Bäckerei & Konditorei, Lindner Feinbäckerei, Der Havelbäcker Landbäckerei
Food Markets: Bio Company, Kaiser’s in Berlin Carré, Edeka, Asia Supermarkt
At Alexanderplatz, you find all kind of shops, from the large department stores to small design shops. In the station, you can buy even on weekends until late at night things of daily need.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT CONNECTIONS
Optimum public transport connection Hackescher Markt being a traffic junction.
• S-Bahn & Tram station Hackescher Markt; S-Bahn lines S5, S7, S75, S3, tram lines M1, M4, M5, M6
• U-Bahn, S-Bahn & train station Alexanderplatz
• Metro station Weinmeisterstraße
• Bus stop Spandauer Straße/Marienkirche. The sightseeing buses of the lines Protected content 200, the Airport Express bus TXL, as well as the M48 and Protected content are starting quasi from the doorstep. Night buses: N2, N5, N8, N40, N42.
• Direct connection to the airports Tegel and Schönefeld
• Direct S-Bahn connection to the Trade Fair Centre ICC and the Olympic Stadium.
Insider tip: On all four Advent weekends, the single ticket of the BVG applies as day pass in all tariff zones (Berlin ABC). Take a leisurely stroll around Berlin's Christmas markets for just EUR 2.10 per day!
Public parking is available near the house.
• We would be very pleased to welcome you personally in your holiday apartment and to familiarize you with the equipment. You receive from us the keys as well as sheets and towels.
• As well, we would be very glad to answer any of your questions about Berlin or the surrounding area.
• In order to reduce waiting times, we agree variable check-in hours with guaranteed availability by mobile phone.
• For stays longer than a week we offer once a week a free cleaning.
• We speak German, Spanish, French, and Italian. Hence, inquiries in these languages are welcome.
Wir sprechen Ihre Sprache!
Nous parlons votre langue !
!Hablamos su idioma!
Parliamo la sua lingua!
Final cleaning: 20.00 EUR
Minimum stay: 2 nights
Children under 14 years pay nothing!
The price includes:
• Internet WLAN
• Bed linen
• Weekly room service
• Coffee and tea
• A bottle of wine as a welcome gift.
Seasonal price conditions
22.11. Protected content -10%
Each year, from 26.12. to 02.01.: Protected content % and a minimum stay of 4 nights