We would like to invite you to the Symposium on Host-directed therapy – New ways to curing infections, to be held in Berlin, Germany, November 16 – 17, Protected content , organized by the Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology in co-operation with the Foundation Focus Biomed.
Host-directed therapeutic strategies have reached a stage where they are considered a viable and potentially superior alternative to standard antibiotic or antiviral treatment. The Symposium will bring together key international scientists in this area, as well as experts from the pharmaceutical industries, to discuss their latest results and the prospects of future application.
Registration and abstract submission:
Early Bird Registration by September 20, Protected content
Registration Deadline: October 30, Protected content
Abstract Submission Deadline: October 30, Protected content
• Threats of emerging infectious diseases (Ebola, EHEC, MDRP etc)
• High-throughput, high-content host function analyses (RNAi, CRISPR, assays etc.)
• Traditional versus host-directed therapeutic approaches
• Host targets and host-directed drugs in clinical settings
• Drug repurposing strategies
• Round table discussions
For full details of the exciting program visit our website Protected content
We hope to see you in Berlin!
The Organizing Board