Join now

Irish and Brits in Berlin

Views

Dear all,

I am a PhD student at the Centre for British Studies, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and I am researching on Irish and British migration to Berlin. In recent years Irish and British migration to the German capital has been on the rise and the Irish and British communities have contributed considerably to the make-up of the city: the events on and around Saint Patrick’s Day are becoming increasingly distinct and numerous by the year; we now have an official Gaelic Athletic Association Club in the capital; leading up to the historic Brexit referendum, Britons in Berlin together with friends from all over the world were campaigning for a vote to remain and encouraging everyone eligible to vote. Yet, even though the interest of the British and Irish media in these topics has been quite significant in recent years, not much is known about who they actually are, why they came here and what they do in Berlin. This is why I would very much appreciate it, if you took part in my survey and spread the word - sharing is much appreciated. Everyone Irish or British, who has moved to Berlin between Protected content Protected content is still living here, qualifies to take part. By filling in the survey, you are in for a chance to win a 15 Euro voucher for The Lir Irish Bar in Tiergarten. All further information can be found on the "welcome screen" of the questionnaire: Protected content

Thank you very much in advance.

Best wishes,
Melanie

Berlin Forum

Our Global Partners