Join now

Italian moving to Berlin

Hi there, i'm planning to move to Berlin by the end of Protected content before) and i'm trying to find out a bit about work, nurseries (i have 9-months old twins), flats, etc.
I am a bit scared because i don't speak German. However, I've been living in London for the past 10 years and my English is very good. I know almost everybody speaks English in Berlin, but i was wondering if anybody knows how difficult it is to work without knowing the native language. My professional background is quite varied: I worked for the furniture design industry for many years and i was thinking maybe there is some furniture design shop in Berlin selling italian design...so i could use also my Italian....
In the last few years I worked in the non-profit sector, last jobs were at Amnesty International where I was a researcher for Italy...researching on human rights abuses in my country of origin...I'd love to work in this sectro in Germany, however i am aware that the language is very important if you have to write reports and interveiw people, etc...

In the last 9 months i've been on maternity leave, but i am keen to start working as soon as i move.
Any suggestons/advices are welcome!
Thanks you

Berlin Forum

Our Global Partners