Join now

Looking for speaker to lead a panel discussion (Berlin)

Hey everybody!

My name is Houssam Alissa, I am a program coordinator at the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy and the Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies ( Protected content ), a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization (with headquarters in Berlin) that offers educational opportunities and provides a platform for intercultural dialogue.

On July 18th, some of our Brits here are currently organising an event for the 18th of July celebrating British culture and its international influence. Through this event, we are also keen to explore as many facets of British culture and identity as possible. We want to kick things off with a short lecture/panel discussion about British culture (centring either around British music or British cultural relations with Germany; but we’re open to other suggestions!), and I would like to invite anybody who would like to come as our speaker and lead this discussion!

We can’t offer a fee, unfortunately, but photographs and videos of the event/the talk will be posted and promoted on our websites and Facebook groups, so we can certainly offer some decent publicity! But the event itself will be fun and engaging; the crowd will have a lot of intelligent and enthusiastic young students who would be genuinely very appreciative of the discussion. And we’ll be serving drinks and snacks and even be hosting a few traditional British games. If anybody feels they could give an informative and engaging talk at our Institute, please get in touch with me ( Protected content )! We at the ICD will be delighted to have you and will be sure to give you the warmest of British welcomes!