Join now

Professional singer offers vocal coaching (Berlin)

Whether you are a beginner or an advanced singer I am here to help. I love to teach as much as I love to perform myself and take great pleasure in having the honour of sharing the journey of a fellow singer's voice.

To book a Protected content online skype lesson in Brighton or Berlin -

Email: Protected content with a preferred time/date.

I working fulltime as a vocalist, composer and vocal coach and am currently releasing records. Here is my vocal showreel Protected content

Read on for more info about the lessons:

Teaching experience
I was head of vocals at on the Performance B.A. degree at Solent University for four years and I have taught Vocal Technical Development and Session Singing Skills at The Brighton Institute of Modern Music
I taught Vocal Studies, Band Coaching and Music Theory at Brighton City college as well as leading music workshops across the UK for all ages and abilities, including extensive work with participants with special needs and have had a strong client base of the same students for the last five years.

Session singing experience
As a session singer in the studio and live across Europe and UK I have sung as a backing vocalist for ITV's X-Factor series Protected content Protected content Britain’s Got Talent '09, including backing vocals for Beyonce, Westlife, George Michael, Christina Aguilera, Robbie Williams, Will.i.am and Rhianna, on Michael Ball's Protected content Hits album and recorded with Andrew Lloyd Webber and Nicola Scherzinger for a single to be released soon. I sang live on Children In Need and on radio for BBC:LIVE, The Discovery Channel, Protected content club (live), Silverstone Races (live), Buena Vista and The National German Television Awards.

About your lesson:

I believe in assisting my students to achieve a healthy, strong singing technique whilst maintaining singing for the joy of music and helping them find their own unique voice, developing with the aid of my guidance and their dedication.

I have my own recording equipment at my studio and a great microphone so you can record your own demo and hear yourself improve!

Each lesson is tailored to the student's unique needs. In your vocal lesson we will go through the inner workings of your voice including focus on –
The larynx, vocal folds, vocal physiology, vocal warm ups, breathing, pitching, scales, improvisation, tone, placement, twang, mix voice, head voice, falsetto, chest voice, music theory, sight reading, posture, vibrato the Artist and Actor within each singer; emotional expression, dynamics.

We can also look at –
Music industry career advice
Mic technique,
Backing vocals,
Layering vocals for record,
Harmony singing
Logic Pro
Songwriting
Music Theory
Session singing
Sight Singing
Recording Techniques
Piano/keyboard

Even if you are primarily a singer songwriter focusing on your own
material I ask all singers to bring a cover song with them to their first lesson, emulating the techniques and vocal ‘licks’ of great vocalists will help you find new colours and shades to use in your own vocal palate.

A few pointers for your lessons to maximise lesson time for you.

1. Bring the song you want to work on with you. On an ipod or CD. The
original and if you also desire the backing track.

2. Bring the lyrics printed out.

3. Bring a bottle of water with you and wear comfy clothes that aren't tight
around the abdominal area.

4. Lessons start at allocated time and end an hour later. Please
arrive punctually as I have pupils booked in after and before your
lesson time. Due to this reason, even if you are late, lessons have to
end within the allocated slot time.

Payment method -
cash in the lesson or Via BACS transfer
1-1 coaching and online skype lessons
£30 or if paying in Euros - €37 per hour.
Lessons must be prepaid five days in advance to secure the slot.

1-1 Lessons are offered in Brighton, London and Berlin
and world wide online via skype.

Google maps for lessons in Berlin, Germany:
Protected content

Wiesenweg 5
Protected content , Germany

Transport:
Sbahn - Ostkreuz
Ubahn – Frankfurter Alle

Google map for lessons in Brighton, U.K.:
Protected content

Sparker Studios
29 Tidy Street
Brighton
East Sussex
BN14EL
UK

Transport
5 mins walk from Brighton station

Katarina’s Education

I hold a First Class Honours Music degree from Southampton University &Distinction in Popular Music National Diploma from Northbrook College.

I am constantly researching about music and the voice, as science develops so does our understanding of how we can safely manipulate our voices and carve out our own sound.

I continue to have one to one lessons with top vocal coaches in modern techniques every few months.

Songwriting, Artist and composing experience

I am currently writing my solo EP release under the Artist name Tigerlight. In this guise I am lead vocalist of the the High Rankin Live show

Protected content

and have released records with other producers including this video with Document One -

Protected content

As an instrumental music composer I have written two mini film soundtracks, one TV-Feature film theme song, and had one of my songs synced on a feature film sound track published by Universal Music.

I am a Musician's Union, PRS and MCPS Member.

Cancellations -
Notice must be given 72 hours prior to the scheduled lesson.
Cancellations made less than 72 hours before scheduled lesson time are
charged at the standard rate for a single lesson.

Berlin Forum