Join now

Refugee camp in Berlin?

Views

Somalia, D.R. Kongo, Afghanistan: 3 conflict areas where people are trying to survive. Worldwide millions of people are on the run from war, violence or famine. Those people who need to escape or are displaced mostly don’t have much left to survive. But what does that mean?

Can you imagine, that you suddenly have to leave your home, your country and that from now on you have to live with tens of thousands in a refugee camp? Do you know what it means to share one latrine with 50 to Protected content in the first days? Or how it is to receive only 5 to 10 litres of water a day for drinking, washing and cleaning? What has the circumference of a children’s upper arm to do with a famine and why do people not have to die of Cholera?

An answer to these questions gives the exhibition “Überleben auf der Flucht – Survival on the run” of the humanitarian Organisation Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – also known as Doctors without Borders or Ärzte Ohne Grenzen – this summer in Berlin, Heidelberg and Munich. The visitors will be led through a typical refugee camp by experienced MSF staff (most should be English speaking). The exhibition is opened every day and suitable for adults and children above 7 years of age.

Free entrance!

Berlin, Potsdamer Platz, 20.-25.06.2012
Heidelberg, Karlsplatz, 04.-13.07.2012
Munich, Odeonsplatz, Protected content

I have worked for MSF myself in Kenya and will be present at the exhibition in Heidelberg from the Protected content . If you are interested to visit this exhibition in one of this 3 cities, you can contact me directly. For those who want to visit it in Heidelberg, there will be an event posted shortly.

Hope to see you there,
Johanna

Berlin Forum

Our Global Partners