Join now

Relocation November 2017 - Schools (Berlin)

Views

Hello All,

Apologies in advance of the long post :)

We are a British family relocating to Berlin for a 3 year long term assignment with my wife's employer.

Two kids will be aged 5 and 7 by the time we arrive, early November (ish)

We can see that in Germany kids do not start Primary school until they are 6 so are not sure if this limits our decision to schools for our youngest. Anyone got any recommendations, or advice?

I prefer Berlin British school (BBS) in the hope that both will be accepted and they continue the curriculum they have already started, along with some German tuition and extra curricular activities, but my wife is also keen on the Berlin International school (BIS) .... rentals look to be cheaper in the BIS region, compared to Charlottenburg area for BBS, but cannot find much information on the area BIS is located..?

Relocating to another country is not something we have done before, and we are both very homely people, but wanted to push ourselves to take full advantage of a fantastic opportunity.

Thankfully my work can transfer me to work out of our Berlin office, which makes the decision easier, and I will be working from home with occasional trips to the office located in Fasanenstraße 33
Protected content , while my wife's office is Müllerstraße... which we can see are opposite sides of the city. BBS is out on the far west... anyone got experience of a good location in the middle of these locations, also considering BIS as another option?

Are we dreaming thinking that we will get positions for our kids in either of these schools?

Many thanks in advance

Jamie

Berlin Forum

Our Global Partners