Join now

2016 Project: Helping Disadvantaged Children in Ro (Bern)

Views

Hi all,

A good friend and co-national of mine is organizing an activity which has at basis quite a good intent.
I promised to help her gather more people for making something constructive so please forgive a meetup link in an Internations community forum (this is in no way meant for competition).
This is the cause she tries to fight for and improve the life of disadvantaged children in Romania (not searching for money or donations but active involvement for who has the time):
Protected content
Text from there:
"Our goal is to help children from very poor families discover themselves and their surroundings and grow into self-sufficient individuals. We intend to take regular trips to Romania and spend one week at a time with children (the same ones each time) in remote villages, and do different activities with them, that with time, shall help their personal development and growth.

We would like to achieve results not by bringing them gifts or money but rather by teaching them necessary life lessons through experiences. As Benjamin Franklin once said: "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion about the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."

We would be happy to have you on board. We are in the planning phase of the project and if all goes well, we would like to take our first trip to Romania sometime around beginning of may.
"
Her meeting on this theme will happen on:
Cafe Kairo
Dammweg 43, Bern
19:00

Thanks for reading this,
Mihai

Bern Forum

Our Global Partners