Join now

Looking for small flat in Bern

Hello Bern Internations!

I have a very good friend who will be moving to Bern beginning of Aug. He will be dancing with Konzert Theater Bern and is looking for a small flat for himself and his wife. They are absolutely amazing, responsible, very kind, responsible and I can go on and on....

They have been looking via internet for flats, however, they are currently in Graz and it is difficult for them to find or look at flats personally. They will be there in May for one week and hopefully they will find their new home.

Any information I can pass onto them would be greatly appreciated. They have received several websites from the company that posts flats but apparently they go very, very quickly.

They are open to moving into a small flat Protected content and up) can spend approx. Protected content .
Partially furnished would be great but not necessary.

1) Is in necessary to sign up and pay for a special website that realtors list apartments to rent?

2) What is the process one goes through to get a flat?
i.e. in Austria you book an appointment with a Makler/Realtor agent who shows you the flat. If you like it, you then go to the office and fill out forms supplying details of income, residency etc. They then assess your application to accept it or not.

Is this a similar process in Bern?

3) Any areas that you recommend they look at? (Preferably closer to the the Theater). Are there any areas you suggest they avoid?

Thank you very much for your time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am sending this info and most likely will participate in the info exchange. Their English is at a good level but writing for them is more difficult and German is at a basic level. However, their Japanese is perfect!!!!!

Please feel free to contact me if you have questions, suggestions etc...
Nina Medina
Protected content

Bern Forum