Manager - Operations (Russian Speaking) (Bern)
Areas of responsibility and brief description
1. Undertake overall responsibility of the business unit.
2. Direct responsibility for the Unit's profitability and achieve targets (EBIT) set by the Zone/Region
3. Develop and maintain business relationships with all Consulate officials
4. Ensure compliance to all existing processes and meet the defined Service Level Agreement’s .Ensures that the Teams are mentored & work towards adherence of all SOP’s/ processes, required to be complied with, from an Organizational & ISO perspective.
5. Manage unit and staff efficiency & productivity. Ensures that the Teams are aligned & contribute towards achievement of parameters enlisted in the Team Objective Tracker
6. Responsible for implementation of process enhancements to improve quality & efficiency of the Unit. Facilitates & encourages team to share “Spark Ideas”, and, encourages sharing of Best Practices.
7. Lead new process roll outs in the respective Visa Application Centre(s)
8. Control & maintain Unit's expense budgets and allocated resources.
9. Ensure conduct of Product & Process Training to all staff on a regular basis through coaching and development. Ensure that all staff attends trainings scheduled by HR & ensures effective Process Monitoring, by conducting Internal Process Certifications (OCL’s), for all staff.
10. Manage Security (Physical & Data) at the Application Centre and to ensure effective controls are in place to per-empt any physical / data security breach incidents.
11. Ensure on going Value Added services are enhanced & maintained thereby achieving the monthly/annual targets.
12. Work closely with the Value Added Services team in order to create new channels of Revenue.
13. Mentor the team on a regular basis, thereby ensuring a successor is created for the position.
14. Act as a counsellor at various occasions between Deputy Manager & the officers.
15. Liaison with support functions (Administration, HR, Finance etc.)
16. Manpower forecasting specially to meet peak season hiring requirements.
17. VAC manager should also foresee the health and safety of the employees in terms of seasonal work pressure and overtime.
Education : Minimum: Graduate or global equivalent
Additional: Post-Graduate or global equivalent
Experience: 5 – 9 years’ of experience preferably in Travel and Tourism or Service industry
Experience in handling teams and managing processes
Due to the nature of this position, fluency in Russian is an essential requirement