Cultural Translator Request (Bogotá)
As an American or Canadian:
1. What surprised you in a good way?
2. What was difficult for you?
3. Are men and women treated equally or are there specific gender roles/expectations?.
4. Are families more important than individual objectives?
5. Who gets respect?
6. How are the elders treated?
7. Do people hide their emotions?
8. Do people work to live or live to work?
9. How are meetings run? Are people late and is it acceptable? Are decisions made by consensus or the boss? Do people follow the decision once made?
10. What advice would you give an American women visiting Colombia in terms of how I can adjust my behavior to be more effective socially and professionally?