Join now

English/ Spanish intercambio (Bogotá)

Hello everybody

I'm looking to start an English/ Spanish intercambio in Cedritos. I've been living in Bogota for two years and my Spanish is at a decent, conversational, upper intermediate kind of level, but i've hit a plateau and i'm finding it hard to progress. Plus I work with English speakers all day, so I don't get the chance to converse much in Spanish. I'm willing to do an hour in English for anyone who can offer to speak with me in Spanish for an hour (perhaps more, if it works out).
I am English by birth (native speaker, obviously) but I'm also a fully qualified English teacher (Bachelors in English, PGCE, MA, and I'm TEFL certified), so language is my thing. I can explain aspects of grammar, construction, pronunciation, usage etc in detail if that's what you need.
The only thing is, I don't want to travel. I love Bogota, but I hate the traffic. I'm prepared to go a few blocks in any direction, but I don't want to be crossing the city. I'd prefer to meet in a coffeeshop or bar or whatever in or near to Cedritos. I work through the week and usually get home around 4.30, but I'm generally free on weekends. Saturday morning is the best time for me.
I'm outgoing, chatty, friendly and I love culture: art, music, travel and especially Literature: books, plays, poetry, and I'm interested in politics. I love nature and the outdoors too. Drop me a message if you're interested.

All the best,

Jonathan.

Bogotá Forum

Our Global Partners