Join now

How To be A good Colombian (Bogotá)

Views

Resilience, resiliency :

the physical property of a material that can return to its original shape or position after deformation that does not exceed its elastic limit

Today we had an awful event in Bogota, Bomb Car exploded in front of Caracol Radio offices at 5 am and I guess that for many if not all of you expats, this has to be a terrorific experience as all your previous stereotypes,, fears, etc popped out after hearing the news.

When I read in magazines that we are third or second or even first happiest country in the world I wonder why_?, We have guerrilla, drug wars, paramilitars etc... Answer is very SImple, Resilience, Colombians have this infinite capacity to back to our feet as soon as we hit the floor ,, We dont put ashess on our heads and moan over the generations , We simply pick up the pieces and start all over again.

I'm pretty sure this was an isolated event but eventhough it werent, we have passed thru this before and we survived as a nation, we gather around our institutions and strenght the pride of being Colombian, furthermore We believe in us and in the Country so,,, Cheer up and heads up,,,,

Bogotá Forum

Our Global Partners