Join now

Medellin Info (Bogotá)

Hi Everyone,

We may have just had a wrench thrown into our move where it may make more sense for us to move to Medellin. I have never been there before and we need to make the decision pretty quickly.

It is really difficult to understand the real situation with safety there as websites and peoples comments are so hit and miss. I can remember my first time to Bogota in Protected content so nervous but then to find that it was like any other big city. Any comments would be appreciated.

What about international schools for children in Medellin? What are the best recommendations?

In Bogota we had a 10 million COP monthly budget for housing. I know my amount will be reduced a little due to cost of living to Medellin being less, but what could I expect for 8 to 9 million COP a month for 3 or 4 bedrooms? Does anyone have any good websites to recommend to look at pictures and listings of properties?

In Bogota we were going to have a driver, but from my understanding Medellin is much more managable with driving yourself and parking, etc... Is tihs comment fair statement in general?

Any other comments about Medellin would be appreciated too!

Thanks,
Dave

Bogotá Forum

Our Global Partners