Join now

Need an apt or room to rent in Bogota in Nov 2010 (Bogotá)

Hello fellow members. My boyfriend and I are planning to spend the month of November in Bogota. He is going to study Spanish, and I am going to do some volunteer work. We are interested in renting a furnished studio/small apartment or room in a shared apartment or house. Ideally the place would be in a safe neighborhood with access to public transportation, internet access and hot water for showers. We are hoping to spend no more than USD Protected content the month. Do any of you know of housing options that fit this criteria? Or do you have suggestions as to where I can look?

Here is a little info about us: I was born in the US and both my parents are from Colombia (from Cali and Armenia). I having been working for a law firm for the last three years. My boyfriend was also born in the US, but his parents are from Vietnam. He’s a software engineer. We live in Washington, DC. We have recently decided to take six months off from work to travel around South America, and want to begin our trip in Colombia.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jane

Bogotá Forum