Join now

Need Info on Apostille/Notary Docs for Work Visa (Bogotá)

Please Help! I am trying to prepare what documents I will need to obtain a work visa to teach English. I have had the hardest time figuring out if my college diploma and TESOL certificate actually need an apostille? I live in the U.S. and went to college in a different state other than the one I currently reside in. My TESOL certification is from another country. It is proving impossible to get these actual documents notarized. I was able to go in and get a notary on a document saying that I, myself state that these are the original diplomas, but not a notary on the diploma itself. I can get these documents to have an apostille, but is that acceptable? Does it have to have an apostille on the original diploma? I cannot get one! Also, does something need to be translated into Spanish, then also get an apostille? I don’t know what needs to be translated? The text on my diplomas?

I have heard so many conflicting things on this, and I’m just not sure what to do. Some people seem to be teaching without having their documents apostilled. Does anybody have any experience with this? Thank you.

Bogotá Forum

Our Global Partners