Join now

STAY AWAY FROM NUEVA EPS (helath insurance) (Bogotá)

In late April I tried to change my health insurance from Nueva EPS to Compensar. Despite having a cancellation document, I was told from Compensar that they had made a request to Nueva and could not give me coverage until they received a "Yes" response. I went TEN WEEKS without health insurance. One July 10 I viisted Nueva EPS who told me that they were still waitng on Compensar and asked me to fill out another document requesting cancellation.

I was told by a Colombian who was helping me that one of these companies did not know what they were doing and after ten weeks of no coverage, it might be better just to continue with Nueva. I decided to do so and have been paying premiums for the last two months.

Now I am ill and called them to see which was the nearest Doctor I could visit. They informed me that my policy was cancelled on July 2. Yet EIGHT DAYS LATER they did not seem to know this and told me that Compensar had made no request.

I now need to see a Dr. and have no coverage. I must call Compensar, see if I am covered by them, how much I owe them and if there is a penalty. And after I pay compensar, how soon may I see a Dr.
In the meantime my back pains are becoming worse.

I do not know if Nueva is trying to punish people who switch - they are incompetent - or both.

Bogotá Forum

Our Global Partners