Join now
Log in Join

UK contractors, Italian residency and tax (Bologna)

Hi all,

I'm currently in a tricky situation that I can't get my head around and wondered if anyone has any experience/ advice regarding tax, residency and contractors.

I'm moving to Italy to live with my partner but since a couple of months ago have been working as a sole trader, providing my services to one main UK organisation. They want to keep working with me (the feeling's mutual), but I don't know who I should be paying tax to if I have a UK income when I'm an Italian resident, or how to set it all up. I also don't know if I have to become an Italian contractor if I have residency here, or if I can also keep my UK residency and UK status?

I'm finding the whole thing extremely confusing and really quite stressful, so any advice at all would be very much appreciated!!


Bologna Forum