Join now

“Vagina Monologues" Performance (in German) 4/18 (Bonn)

A production of the Ensemble Frauenmantel

April 18, 7.30 pm (door opens 7 pm)
at the auditorium of the Gottfried-Kinkel-Realschule /Bonns Fünfte Gesamtschule in Bonn-Kessenich (August-Bier-Straße 2, Protected content .

Proceeds benefiting the Hannah Foundation to support anti-violence projects at local schools

Tickets: 12 EUR Protected content can be purchased online ( Protected content ) and at the door. For reservations call Protected content email Protected content

Ivana Smith, Germany’s V-Day coordinator, local activists and the Idar-Oberstein based theatre group Frauenmantel are mounting a benefit performance of The Vagina Monologues in conjunction with V-Day, a global movement to end violence against women and girls initiated by New York playwright Eve Ensler.

The production is under the auspice of Bonn Mayor Jürgen Nimptsch and will take place on April 18 with guest appearances by state representative Renate Hendricks (SPD), Nora Jordan (Bonn’s Protected content princess Bonna Nora I.) and Esther Takats, a member of the Bonn University Shakespeare Company.

Proceeds from the one-night event will benefit the Hannah-Foundation, a nonprofit that provides assistance to victims of sexual violence and their families and funding for youth-focused prevention work, including “my body belongs to me” projects at local schools.

Volker Wiedeck, a social worker and father of three girls, founded the NGO in Protected content his then 14-year old youngest daughter was brutally raped and murdered. Hannah’s tragic death not only shocked people in her hometown, but all over Germany.
For more info go to V-Day Bonn/Bornheim

Bonn Forum

Our Global Partners