Join now

Opinions needed - how did you find your jobs? (Bordeaux)

Salut!

It's been almost 3 months since I arrived France. Although there are still some hurdles to cross (e.g.: finding a flat, settling down, making new friends, getting used to the culture...etc), I decided that I will focus on looking for a job from now on.

A bit more about my professional background - I was the EU Regional Manager for an IT company in Taiwan. I speak fluent Chinese (mother tongue), English and Italian. I speak decent French and German. I'm an MBA Creative Industries Management graduate looking to build my career in the creative or wine sectors (media, digital, design, fashion, music, technology, theatre...etc) as I'm aiming for a position in sales, marketing, management or business development areas.

I've gained over 11 years of working experience, including 2 years of management experience in marketing, sales and project planning.

As many have told me, it is specially challenging in Bordeaux and it may take up to 6 months before I land myself a job! Therefore, I would like to hear your opinions and receive your advices regarding the following:

- How do you go about job hunting?
- Are there any sites you visit for job hunting?
- Are there any job opportunities for expats who don't yet speak
fluently French?
- Do you know of any opportunities that correspond to my
qualifications?

Thank you for taking time to read my message and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Christina

Bordeaux Forum